Friday, July 18, 2014

The Man Trip….

Clearly I was not invited on this trip, but I'm not sure I would've been able to hack it.

Benj, Josh, and his oldest son, Mason trekked through the 7 Devils Mountain Range, surviving like men!  This was the first trip Benj has been invited on and now that Mason is 15, this was his first "Man trip" in which he had to carry his own weight and was fully responsible to be part of the team.

6 days

5 Nights

44.6 miles

Elevation:  7,000-9,000 ft.

Ave. Temperature:  Highs--70's/Lows--40's

The terrain is rough with snow still on the ground in parts, but the views were amazing and the time they had in the quiet and with each other were worth it.  Benj and Josh work hard week in and week out to lead, grow, invest in, and pray for our Church and the community around it and I was so thankful that they were able to just get away in the wilderness.

Each night they would check-in with an "okay" message that Josh's wife and myself would get, so that we could know that they were still alive.  They took a SPOT device so we could see their coordinates.  Being the worry-prone person that I am, Benj decided to say right before leaving, "if we don't check in 2 nights in a row, call the ranger."  What!?  Thankfully they arrived home safe and in one piece (a day earlier than expected because of some painful knees), and I don't think I've ever smelled that kind of stink from my husband.

Enjoy the pictures that don't do them justice and give Benj a call to hear his stories!






















No comments:

Post a Comment